The girls have been in the full summer swing and created this lovely simple yet delicious pudding for any evening. It can look very impressive for guests at a dinner party as little individual servings, or one large dish to put in the middle for a show-stopper!
What you will need to make 9-12 individual meringues:
8 egg whites
Pinch of salt
500g caster sugar
2tsp white wine vinegar
For the topping:
1 330ml pot of extra thick double cream
1 vanilla pod, or 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
2 tbsp icing sugar
Punnet of raspberries
1/2 ripe peaches, sliced
1/2 passionfruit per person
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. Whisk the egg whites and pinch of salt with an electric hand whisk, or with your whisking paddle in your blender until they hold soft peaks.
3. Continuing to mix, add the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is glossy. Once the sugar has all been combined gently fold in the cornflour and vinegar.
4. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment and divide the meringue mix into whatever sizes you would like (one large or 9-12 individual meringues) onto the tray, then put in the oven. Immediately turn the temperature down to 150 degrees.
5. Bake for 30 minutes then turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven for a further 30 minutes to cool.
6. Whisk together the cream, vanilla paste and icing sugar being careful not to over-whip the cream.
7. When ready to serve, add as much cream and fruit to the meringues that you or your guests would like.